On 03 Dec 1904, Peter married Mabel Edith Wood. Mabel was born Mar 1888 in Peshtigo, Wisconsin. She was a friend of Peter's sister Edith. I have not discovered when Mabel died, but she was still alive in 1960.
Peter and Mabel had at least seven children. Two were either stillborn or died in infancy, and I don't know their names. The other five were:
- Orville Adrison Harvey Wood Gauslin (1906-before 1910)
- Arvella C. (Gauslin) Guse (1907-1970)
- Florence Gauslin (1910-1918)
- Gertrude Alice (Riley) Fredericksen Cook (1912-1990)
- Herbert Eugene "Herbie" Gauslin (1913-after 1940)
Mabel remarried twice. She married John Carl Wellehan in 1919, and after his death in 1936, she married Starr Hillis Wallis. Mabel adopted two children with her second husband, Lillian May Janicke and Donald J. Wellehan.
In 1916 or 1917, Peter married Lydia Jane "Jennie" Moore. Lydia was the stepdaughter of Peter's sister Edith Anora (Gauslin) Moore, and was about 17 years younger than him. Lydia was born 10 Sep 1895 in Birnamwood, Wisconsin to Ferdel S. "Fred" Moore and Augusta Frederika (Thiede) Moore.
Peter and Lydia had at least seven children. I believe that there was also at least one stillbirth or miscarriage. Their children were:
- Pelagia Olive "Peg"/"Peggy" (Gauslin) Christopherson (1917-2004)
- Fermal Ida "Fern" (Gauslin) Krahn Elmore (1921-1994)
- Howard Alto "Alto" Gauslin (1923-1931)
- June Eunica (Gauslin) Daft (living)
- John Ivan "Jack" Gauslin (1928-2003)
- Marlyn Evelyn Pellow (1930-2002)
- Carol Lee (Parks) Grimsley Hartshorn (1934-1962)
Lydia died of tuberculosis at her father's home in Rhinelander, Wisconsin during a statewide heat wave on 03 Jun 1934. The children were sent to live with various relatives, friends, and others. The two youngest children were adopted by the families they were placed with.